Sausage Rolls are a favourite for us Brits. Especially at Christmas time when we can indulge in savoury treats without feeling too guilty!
Here we have put a festive twist on the humble sausage roll. Perfect for a party over the festive period.
- Good quality sausage meat (we use Musks award winning Newmarket Sausage Meat)
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Apricots
- Chestnut Puree
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-rolled Puff Pastry
- 2 Egg yolks
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Chop the cranberries, sultanas and dried apricots into small pieces.
- Then mix well with the sausage meat, chestnut puree and ground cinnamon.
- Roll out your puff pastry. You should be able to make 2 long sausage rolls from 1 sheet of pastry.
- Spread out the sausage roll mixture on the pastry sheet leaving enough pastry on either side to roll over. TIP: Do as the professionals do and use a piping bag for this step!
- Egg wash the edges of the pastry and roll over tightly to create a long sausage roll.
- Finally, egg wash the top of the pastry and sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Chill in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven at 180Oc for around 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Leave to cool before slicing into bite sized pieces.
We’ll be serving these delicious festive sausage rolls with our Christmas Finger Buffet this year. See our Christmas Buffet menus here and get in touch to book us for your festive celebrations.