Gin & Tonic Jellies
The perfect addition to any summer party
They can be served as a sweet canapé or as a pre-dessert for a formal dinner party.
We’ve put our own spin on the classic flavours of a gin and tonic by adding a layer of sweet and zesty cream topping to contrast with the sharpness of the gin and tonic jelly. You can really be inventive with this recipe by trying different Gins and Tonics and adding your own twist with flavourings and garnishes. Try experimenting with different herbs, such as Rosemary or Thyme.
Makes 40 mini jellies
- 350ml Gin
- 1 litre Tonic Water
- 50ml Elderflower Cordial (optional)
- Lime Juice & Zest
- 14 Gelatine Leaves
- 600ml Double Cream
- 100g Caster Sugar
- Cucumber (garnish)
- Firstly make up your gin and tonic mix with 1 part gin to 3 parts tonic. Choose your favourite gin and pair it with a good quality tonic, it’s worth it to get a better flavour. At this point if you want to add any other flavourings you can. I used some lime juice and elderflower cordial to add an extra dimension.
- Once you are happy with the flavour of your gin and tonic mix place it in a saucepan over a medium heat to warm through gently. Whilst your mix is heating up place your gelatine leaves in cold water to soften (read the instructions on the packet to work out how many leaves you need).
- Once the Gin and Tonic mixture is almost boiling add the softened gelatine and mix until it has completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into small glasses and put in the fridge to set (overnight is best).
- Once the first layer has set you are now ready to add your second layer. Mix the double cream with the sugar in a saucepan on a medium heat. Heat the mixture gently as you don’t want the cream to boil. Meanwhile place your gelatine leaves in cold water to soften. Once the cream mixture is almost boiling add the softened gelatine and mix until its completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool slightly before pouring on top of the Gin and Tonic jelly. Top with lime zest and put in the fridge to set.
- As a final garnish cut ribbons of cucumber, roll up and place on top of the jellies.